Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My shrapnel clad pavement

My pulse beats still.
I’m here though not all there.
Fragments of the person I once was at some point in a dimension of time I now question ever existed.
Carefree no more yet resilient to the contradicting state of translucency vs. opaqueness that characterize this very familiar hue of jade.
I’ve decided the remedy to my idleness is ill reason.
Callus and cold to logic and rationale, I’ve cast them aside.
Today I take off,
I soar and I pray to the Gods I catch the wind in my sails.
I forgo the encounter of the twists and turns of fate whose acoustics will inevitably echo a thud, spit, crackle and pop as I not so gracefully meet my shrapnel clad rock bottom.
Embracing all I am and who I’ve become…. Wiser but perhaps not so wise… older and perhaps still not so old… A forced student of realism but still perhaps a resident of never never land… I take a leap towards all that is “emotionally irrational” so hold my breath and you the door for me.

No comments: