Friday, September 16, 2005

Rain

Rain…
Little tiny drops of water… comparable to tears… we cry because our emotions have gotten the best of us… the sky cries because…. Why does the sky cry? Maybe it cries because the world it blankets is an awful place…People taking other people’s destinies in their own hands… thinking they are God… or maybe it just wants to give us another chance to wash our hands clean of all that….
Either way… I stand inside the glass doors of my office building and watch the drops drizzle down the window… the noise claming… drowning out all the noise… not by silencing it but by out doing it… people scurry out and dance around to avoid the puddles. They open the door and run across the parking lot as if they’re about to melt… They duck and look up as though to give the sky a dirty look…. Like ‘how could you?! I’m wearing sandals today!’ I see a mother holding her child… both in the rain but react to it in very different ways. The child takes baby steps trying to steer the mum in the direction of potholes while she’s desperately trying to avoid them. To her they are a nuisance but to the little girl a mini adventure. The mother can think of nothing worse than having her hair get soaked… while the little girl can think of nothing better. To her this is as good as it gets… joie de vivre… it splashes on her face and tickles its every inch… a game of tag she’s perfectly ok with loosing…rain…a worthy opponent…

3 comments:

Broadband Guy said...

The silence of the blogger.
Yep, I've been pretty quiet this last week in terms of posting because tomorrow marks a new phase in my blogging life and I've been writing more code and spending more time in Photoshop than I've ever spent ...
Hey I really like your blog I came across it randomly one day and luckily I bookmarked it so I've come back many times since. If you have time please stop by my site. (gotta get a plug in right? lol) You can find dsl internet access at www.DSL-Experts.com. See? That was painless eh? lol

If at first said...

Rain...I blogged about ze rain aussi. Check it out. I would much rather be the child...so what if your hair gets wet?!

Anonymous said...

hmm.. really its amazing how the way you think and looking to the things from the other sides mashallah .... proud that you are one of my friends :) ... keep it up sandy