Monday, April 21, 2008

Off the rocker

Its easier to count time when you’re on the beat.. 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and…
My newest fetish is Billy talent’s suffering… I heard it once and for the life of me couldn’t figure out what the appeal was…
The lyrics are the usual teen melodrama and the tune not at all that catchy…
But then as I was humming the tune and tapping my hand on the side of my car out of the window it occurred to me! I was thin slicing, as Malcom Gladwell puts it.
My brain was drowning out the words and the fact that the lead singer doesn’t have much of a voice and was captivated by the off beats!
There’s never enough music based on the offbeat!
And often enough, if it’s done inappropriately the listener is left feeling like the melody is rushed or like someone missed a queue somewhere.
So I must give it to them!
Billy might just have some talent after all.

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.