Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My bit of the gene pool

I’m thinking GATACA was onto something with their visualization of what happens when the realization of the human genome project is taken to its max. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to pick and choose the genes you could keep and conversely trash? Create the perfect you? Take away nature’s right to be random. And make the tiniest most intricate part of a human being a commodity to be bought and sold. Thankfully we’re a million miles away from knowing what sequence of proteins does what otherwise we’d have screwed ourselves over so fast we wouldn’t even have had time to know what hit us. I must admit the idea is loads of fun to toy with though. What would I change about myself if I could?
What’s my ideal, my idea of perfection? Would I still want to look and feel like me? Or me with an added touch of twinkle in my eye and sparkle in my smile? Perhaps I’d dabble with a little extra soul in my laugh and an aura with a greater gravitational pull? A brushstroke of genius and a smidgen more creativity and imagination. A dab of mystery and enough positive energy to make nuclear weapons weak in comparison.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»