Monday, July 31, 2006

Ruba dub dub


The only thing better than taking a bath
Is getting to run around and play on a splash pad

Squeals of excitement fill the air
as babies and toddlers run around bare

Where will the next burst of cool water spring from?
Can I catch some in my mouth or may be stop it with my bum?

The draining water doubles as a river run wild
Provoking curiosity in many a child

Sail boats of flip-flops along the run offs do glide
Little ones made into champions gloating with pride

Foot prints on concrete and Popsicles on hand
Rules and regulations from fun times are banned

The elation of playtime by adults forgot
Replaced by a search for joy in material bought

This is where it’s all at, this is the now
I’m taking it all not raising my brow.

I’m splishing and splashing not taking a bath
Running around and playing on the big fat splash pad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just sweet :-)
I've always loved your sense, and I'm still loving it. Keep going, you are doing just great.
And be sure, wherever you go, I'll be right there maybe you'd need me :-)

Be well,

If at first said...

Awww...tis cute. Made me miss my lil guys there for a brief moment! Haha... Tres sweet! And so full of summer! And the pics compliment it so well.