Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Let the circus begin!

One would hope that common etiquette would have taught most not to enter into someone else's domain, house, or space and desecrate it with their nonsensical gibberish. It has come to my attention however, that this is not the case with my red tooshied friend ,The monkey.

I thoroughly understand and am at ease with the simple notion that I will not agree with the world and everyone in it. His need to live in his wacky misguided bubble is a choice he is completely entitled to make. With that said, in a desperate attempt to avoid growing a testicle or three I have thus far successfully steered myself clear of his magnificently ignorant blog. I resisted the urge time and again to dedicate an entry to a cause unworthy, but when he decides to post a comment from his high horse on my space after I'd diligently been trying to remain civil, well, the gloves come off. My comment on his "The anti-bloggers office "post was purposely intended to be personal, mean spirited and counter productive. If nothing else, it has frankly given me peace of mind while allowing me the opportunity to express my zero tolerance level for his garbage. I will simply not put up with it.
His self assumed role of leadership, continuous exploitation of the declining unfortunate circumstance of Egyptian free speech and his incessant need to steal the limelight to feed his ego has caused my fuse to blow one too many times. I applaud the advocacy he contributes to pertinent issues by being vocal but I can not help but notice that there is a Jerry Springer feel to most of what he says. As an Egyptian living in the west, I take issue with his mannerisms and blind support for various issues in a fashion that at best highlight his inadequate ability to get the whole story straight before regurgitating it into any uneducated naive ear that is willing to listen. Today I hop aboard the censorship express, I put on my 'shut the fuck up already' captain's hat ,waive good bye to your deleted comment and ask you in the name of all that is held sacred, not to come again!

2 comments:

Jehan said...

hahaha circus indeed, Sand-E.
"As an Egyptian living in the west, I take issue with his mannerisms and blind support for various issues in a fashion that at best highlight his inadequate ability to get the whole story straight before regurgitating it into any uneducated naive ear that is willing to listen."
Sometimes, my dear girl a strong stand needs to be made in order for there to be any movement. And considering that we are speaking of Egypt, country in socio-political stagnation, i think that it is naive of you to believe that a strong voice is un-needed.
I take issue with personal mean spirited commentaries, the world is too small for such petty behaviour. If you "as an Egyptian living in the west" resent his behaviour so much i would like you to remember the fact that it comes down to this- he is there and we are here. He is saying things that you would need at least six testicles (or sets of ovaries) to say and you are not saying them. If you are you are doing it from abroad, you do not risk anything. while people like Alaa and the Monkey risk a shit load more than you could ever comprehend. Do not agree but respect. what he does takes courage, if you cannot see this than you are clearly unaware of the massive difficulties associated with freedom of speech.
and if you so believe him to be spoon-feeding the wrong message to people than you clearly, my dear girl do not give people much credit. what he says has merit, he may not always be on the same page as myself of yourself, but i admire his right to say it. "I may not agree with what you say but i will fight for your right to say it."...
Seems that he is not the only one who"highlights his inadequate ability to get the whole story straight before regurgitating it into any uneducated naive ear that is willing to listen." it's a human flaw and i believe you have fallen into it, just like we all do.
Regards-
Jem

Sand-E said...

Jem,
I do not denounce the need for a strong voice : "I applaud the advocacy he contributes to pertinent issues by being vocal".
But you must realize that having a voice on a loud speaker contributes to loads of prejudice and stereotyping, so you must be careful that the voice that people do hear relays the right msgs.
I take defence to the accusation that I did not get the whole story right. I recognize that it is difficult to speak your mind in Egypt and for someone to do it means a whole lot of courage but again its not his speaking out that's upsetting me its the manner in which he chooses to do it.
SM is free to say what he wants and in the manner in which he chooses I just want nothing to do with it. So the censoring comment pertains only to this space. What he does in his own is his business.