Thursday, June 22, 2006

R tsee Fartsee no more?

I always thought I was more of an artsy fartsy but as I was getting all excited about a problem I was discussing with me madre last night, I slowly started to get this weird feeling like maybe I was supposed to be an accountant. Scary! The use of a set rules and simply applying them to the scenario gives me a strange sense of satisfaction. Could this be my calling? A number cruncher 3ala 2akher il zaman? I naturally drew a comparison between it and programming. Programming gives you a sense of control this feeling of superiority. The fact that you have to break every single step down for the computer in order for it to do what you want it to do makes you realize how truly amazing the human mind is and how magnificent it is at linking things together in an abstract non linear manner. Programming gives you the letters of which you’re supposed to make words and beautiful poetry while accounting on the other hand, seems to be the opposite. The words and poetry are there and your job is to categorize and analyze.

1 comment:

If at first said...

Are we going to get an update? Flickr photos, something!