Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Music Says it best.

Some times you are at a loss for words and every so often someone comes along who simply says it better than you. Here are 30 lines from music that have stuck with me for a reason or another. It’s not necessarily the words, it’s the way they’re sung, the way a vowel is pronounced or the way a breath is taken before or after the line( in yellow).
1) “innnta wana.. ya 7abeeby ana.. ya 7ayatee ana” ~um Kalthoum
2) “My empire of dirt..I will let you down..I will make you hurt” ~NIN
3) “ Does she stimulate you? Attract and captivate you? Like the way I do? No body aches... nobody aches just to hold you like the way I do ” ~Melissa Ethbridge
4) “can’t stay on your life support there’s a shortage in the switch”~Pink
5) “Something touched me deep inside the day the music died”~ Don Mclean
6) “I wanna be a lion, eh everybody wants to pass as cats” ~Counting Crows
7) “I wear this crown of shitupon my liar's chairFull of broken thoughtsI cannot repair”~NIN
8) “When the violence causes silence how are we mistaken” ~The Cranberries
9) “Disarm you with a smile and leave you like they left me here to wither in denial” ~Smashing Pumkins
10) “you rapture tastes so sweet” ~IIO
11) “I promise I wont try to make your life easier or return to where we were”~Dido
12) “after the rain fall came sanctuary”~Seal
13) “rape me, rape me my friend.. do it and do it again”~Nirvana
14) “Loving you is a like a song I replay Every three minutes and thirty seconds of every day (uh, uh) And every chorus was written for us to recite (right) Every beautiful melody of devotion every night “ Laurn Hill
15) “you say love is a temple love the higher law, you ask me to enter then u make me crawl”~U2
16) “ you can’t break my spirit its my dreams you take” ~James Blunt
17) “you make me sick! I want you and I’m hating it!”~Pink
18) “an indelible line was drawn between what was good, what just slipped out and what went wrong” ~John Mayer
19) “accidentally in love” ~Counting Crows
20) “I call just to hear you on the line… don’t hang up this time… we share the sadness… split screen sadness”~ John Mayer
21) “I could have met you in the sand box I could have passed you on the sidewalk could I have missed my chance and watched you walk away?” ~John Mayer
22) “emancipate yourself from mental slavery non but yourselves can set you free”~ Bob Marley
23) “I love the time and in between the calm inside me, in the space where I can breathe, there is a distance I have wandered to touch upon” ~Sarah Mclaughlin
24) “when you speak angels sing from up above, everyday what turns into love songs” ~louis Armstrong
25) “24, 24 hours to go... I wanna be sedated”~ The Ramones
26) “She’s such a fortunate fool, She’s just so mmmmm” ~Jack Johnson
27) “Thank you providence thank you frailty thank you thank you silence”~Alanis Morissette
28) “ When the heart comes there’s an argument, A fight to save a smile, A small attack on human tears” ~Blue October
29) “Fly me to the moon and let me sing among the stars. Let me see what love is like on Jupiter and mars”~ Frank Sinatra
30) “we would stay and respond and expand and include and allow and forgive and enjoy and evolve and discern and inquire and accept and admit and divulge and open and reach out and speak up This is my utopia”~ Alanis M.

3 comments:

KareemFromEgypt said...

i LOVE the 24 24 hours ago part
i also adore accidentally in love, redemption song,the entire white flag lyrics and the jack jonson line

i think i'm in love ya sand-e ;)

you have good taste, but you didn't need me to tell you that

FreudianSlip said...

Doncha just love it when songs so eloquently describe feelings you fail to put into words?

Allow me to add "Are these times contagious? i've never been this bored before" -Collective Soul-Run

Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my eagles music lyrics site.
Good luck!