Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Big Mac Nation and Obesity beware

Oxyntomodulin is apparently the want to exercise in an injection. how convenient? It suppresses appetite and is less commonly found in heavier people. Diabetics take insulin and overweight people take this difficult to pronounce hormone. Reading about this “new discovery” makes me realize just how palpably complicated we are. I mean seriously, Silly me. Here I was thinking that the astounding amount of DNA packed into a tiny grain of wheat germ was by far the worlds most astonishingly amusing discovery. How these scientists can be witness to all this complexity and still not believe in God is far beyond my comprehension. It should be interesting to see how the hormone's marketing and prospective large capital generation pans out. Someone somewhere is going to get rich. For a little while anyway.I’m certain that Ephedra was looking just as sexy when it came out with its promise to increase heart rates and help all those looking to shed a few extra pounds. What strikes me as interesting with this one though is that it is already naturally the body’s appetite suppressant. I suppose what doctors will aspire to do is simply help the pituitary produce or release more of the hormone into the body.

No comments: