Monday, April 24, 2006

Plack Bastard

Once upon a long long time ago...

X: we’ll take my car cool? My dad isn’t using it and I feel like driving... lemme just tell him we’re heading out so he doesn’t worry.

Me: Yeah sure do your thing…

X: walks half way to the kitchen and yells "Dad… Sand-E n I are heading to Block Buster we’ll be back in a bit."

Egyptian Daddy: "X! which one? I didn’t know u knew any…"

X: "right round the corner dad.. we’ll be back in 15 mins.. masafet il sikka.." (be back in a jiffy)

Egyptian Daddy: "tab w lazmito 2h delwa2ty ya3ni manty ma3 sa7bitik ib2y ro7ilo wa2t tany." (and why do u need to go now? Your friend is with you... why don't you go a different time?)

X: "well no dad I wanna go now... block buster awaits."

Egytian Daddy: "ALLAH! 3eeb! ana masik nafsy w mish 3ayez 2aza3a2 2odam sa7bitik hina bas 2h tare2it il kalam wel alfaz deh?( allah! That’s rude!… I’ve been holding back and don't want to yell because your friend is here but whats with the way you're talking and why such language?

X: "huh?" thinking… *WTF?! Is he off his meds again?!*

Egyptian Daddy: “3amala te2oly plack bastard plack bastard wana saket… bas Kaman ray7a te2ably w ma3 sa7bitik?! MISH 3eeb?“ (you keep saying plack bastard plack bastard and I ignored it but now you say you want to go meet him with your friend?!?)

Me: standing at the end of the hallway looking at X’s sincere attempt to hold it all in… “La2 ya uncle mana 2oltilha malhash lazma… 2i7na hanroo7 ne2agar film ba3d izn 7adretak” (well no uncle, I suggested that there’s no need for that so we’ll go rent a movie with your permission of course)

Egyptian Daddy: "2aywa kidda…Rabena yetaminik ya benty… 3a2aleha 3ashan khatry… "(yeah thats it..you’ve put me at ease darling, please talk some sense into her)

1 comment:

Faisal said...

Extremely amusing post, as are many of your others as well! Your care-free, casual style brings more depth to the story-telling. Really made me laugh.