Sunday, April 16, 2006

Lazy Sundays

I sleep in just long enough to be kissed by the sun that pours into my room. The thought of knowing that I could just lay there for as long as I please is up there on the charts only to be outranked by a gazillion and 10 kisses.
Breakfast at breakfast time… truly priceless. The company and mindless, but ohhhh so comfortable, chatter is what makes the fruit taste just that much sweeter and the tea that much more soothing. The sights and sounds of the city accompanied by casual strolling and more chit chat only add to the ladi da di da di da of it all. A quick swing by the park where the kids are running and out of breath to get somewhere in a hurry chased by the need to release energy make for excellent snapshots. Conquering the monkey bars makes them the kings of their castle, a colossal triumph on a mini scale. My granny’s inexplicably contagious laughter and the cool sweet succulent watermelon are only the beginnings of my euphoric high. 13 rounds of estimation in the kitchen, Med-school battling digital villains on his game boy, mum playing with Sarah’s hair as she lays on her lap and watches a muted Dora the explorer and a philosophical conversation in the back ground about politics intermingled with the wonderfully intoxicating chill sound of jack Johnson are what draw a smile on my face. This is what Sundays are about!

1 comment:

If at first said...

Oh...but one must include the sound of Dora's "hola" on Sundays! ;)

Email me the Jack Johnson song, please...pretty please.