Wednesday, May 17, 2006

An amusing rating of 3 on a scale from 1-10

A couple of days back, Irma la douce comes into the office extra chipper. She had that look of, I’ve met the perfect man, in her eyes. So naturally, after last time’s extremely entertaining story I decided to poke a little.
Me: “Sooooo? do tell do tell!”
Irma: Well, I’m doing my thing last night when I come across “date a millionaire”
I scrunch up my eyebrows and peer over the top of my glasses in full out 2abla il nazra fashion.
Irma gives me a shrug of the shoulders and a cheeky smile. She knows I’m only teasing and purposely tantalizing by not giving her an excuse to tell me. I giggle back at her and bring in my shoulders mimicking a wee fat kid’s anticipation and excitement at the suggestion of cake.
Irma’s eyes light up and she begins.
Irma: So this website has all these millionaire men in their 40’s who are looking for love. There is this one message I sent a hello to ages ago. He’s too cute for words, extremely good looking. So he msgs me last night and we chat for hours Sand-e! Hours!
He’s in South Africa on business and he seems so genuine. Completely open about everything and how he feels. He’s just too good to be true.

Irma being a divorcee, with 2 kids and loads of life experience knows that my relationship advice would be extremely naive and so consults with an Egyptian/Lebanese ghada.
Ghada warns irma telling her he’s too good to be true and that the internet is risky blah blah blah.

The next day Irma announces she has pictures of her dream guy. Naturally excited Ghada and I ask to see the million dollar man. Let me just tell you… He is by far the hottest older man I’ve ever seen! Tall dark haired brown eyes a defined jaw line amazing hands very well dressed slightly tanned. He looks like a fair Greek or a dark Italian. But mmm mm mmm yummy! So we’re’ all excited for Irma and Ghada is thinking about how to break the news to her husband so she can run away with million dollar man and steal Irmas dream.. while Irma is marking her territory telling her he’s hers.

Days go by and no word on hot millionare guy.
So today I ask
And she answers completely nonchalantly oh : he’s not what he said he was.
He’s not on business in South Africa he actually lives there.
Me: So? Despite the Atlantic and the heavy accent I think it would be pretty cool to hook up with someone from there.
Irma: Yeah but he’s not Greek or Italian not on business and not 45.Me: oh? Where is he from then?
Irma : South Africa, he’s not a millionaire he lives with his parents. He sent me a model’s picture. And here’s the kicker he’s 22.

No comments: