Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Caution : Keep out of reach of children.

Farah is fair and pretty white for an Arab, well at least on her arms and legs.
She’s in shorts and a T-shirt yesterday and is totally green and blue. If I didn’t know her husband to be a peaceful man I would have thought he hit her with a wooden plank. I look at her and she shakes her head in shame and embarrassment.
Farah had a sever case of some weird bug that hit a lot of us. You get really hot and dizzy you can’t move a bone and you sleep for hours on end till your meds kick in and you’re good to go.
So I’m curious and ask her: “what happened? I want to know!”
Farah: It was mother’s day and I was totally out of it! I fell asleep in the room with the kids after they’d dragged me out of my bed because they wanted to spend time with me.
I lay down on their bed as they watched a movie.
In between consciousness and out of it I felt them massaging my arms and legs. It was heavenly… you know how you like to be pampered when you’re sick right? I remember thinking they’re dad must have given them the idea.
Me: Mhmm?
Farah: Well I woke up 3 hours to find my self blue and green and red and yellow.
Me: WTF?! What do u mean?
Farah: They colored me in
I so didn’t believe her. I kept looking at her with awe and disbelief.
She hung her head again and said : I’m dead serious. They colored me in.
Check out my tummy… my back… she points at her heel and a part of her calf it’s a good thing this part was in red. It washed away nicely but the blue and the green stuck.
AND this would be why you take labels seriously and keep the damn paints out of reach of children!

8 comments:

FreudianSlip said...

Med school rocks!!!

If at first said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
If at first said...

Note to self: never fall asleep in the classroom.

South Africans have the hottest accent!

If at first said...

Sand-e, I'm so guilty of disappearing into oblivion...like oh my God, I'm so behind on the happenings here at Sand-e-sez! I glanced over the last few reads...work sounds amusing. I love how this co-worker of yours aint afraid to try! Then theres cautious me! Loving the pics...I am yet to even look at mine properly! Dude, I need 5 more hours on the day! Please feel free to write blog entries for me...my site is superdead!

Mumbo Jumbo said...

I can picture that being true though. The first time I gave my 2-year old son a box of crayons and a coloring book, I turned my head for two minutes and the wall behind the dining room was my little Picasso's masterpiece in the making!

Needless to say, he now never gets colors unsupervised.

Sand-E said...

Was I a deprived kid then? I never drew on a wall or a person for that matter in my life! Farah was cool about it though and I can't complain it gave me a good laugh.

Sand-E said...

FreudianSlip, if Medskool keeps this up he'll wind up being earless med.

If at first said...

So rarely do we see one....you, Sand-e, were perhaps a 'behaved' kid. Go figure!